|Birthday||July 2 (Cancer)|
|Occupation||Student (second year)|
|School||Kitauji High School|
Mizore Yoroizuka (鎧塚 みぞれ Yoroizuka Mizore ), was a minor character in season one of Hibike! Euphonium, but is now a major character in season two. She is a second-year student who plays oboe, and is the only oboe player in Kitauji's concert band.
Mizore has straight, medium blue hair with strands framing her face and her bangs cut evenly. She has cherry red eyes, and a light and fair complexion. She is usually seen with a standard Kitauji High School uniform for girls.
Mizore is a very silent and introverted girl, and despite seeming being hard to interact with, she has friends like Natsuki Nakagawa, Yuuko Yoshikawa, and-- formerly-- Nozomi Kasaki. She likes practicing the oboe alone outside the classroom, and frequently arrives early to school hours before the start of her classes to practice. Mizore is the only student to arrive at school even earlier than Reina Kousaka.
As a minor character in season one of the anime, Mizore had a very small role. She was present as a cameo in episode 2 and in several episodes, in which she sits quietly playing her oboe, with no speaking lines.
In the theater version, there is an additional scene where Mizore speaks with Yuuko, which takes place before Yuuko asks Kousaka Reina to purposely lose in the audition.
In season two, Mizore is revealed to have had a fallen friendship with former band member Nozomi Kasaki after the schism of the previous year. Nozomi now wishes to rejoin the band because of the new attitude of the ensemble under Noboru Taki's direction. Because of Mizore's extremely high value to the ensemble, due to her soloistic playing being a huge contributor to the band's overall success, Asuka Tanaka refuses to allow Nozomi to rejoin the band out of concern that Mizore will be emotionally compromised. However, due to an unexpected move by Nozomi to talk to Mizore causing her to run off, the latter managed to talk things out with Nozomi and restore their friendship.
Due to her introverted personality, Mizore had no friends in middle school, so Nozomi reached out to her and invited her to join the band. Since then, Mizore admired Nozomi and treated her as a best friend. However, early in high school, the two had a falling out, involving Nozomi's quitting of the Kitauji Concert Band. In Episode 4 of Season 2, Mizore was finally able to muster up the courage to talk to Nozomi and restore their friendship.
After Nozomi left the band, Yuuko began spending time with Mizore in the hopes that she would not feel so lonely. Yuuko has expressed a genuine desire to see Mizore cheerful and happy.
- Mizore doesn't speak at all in the first season of anime. According to the interview in the theater pamphlet, they said they didn't want to make her speak because the second season wasn't confirmed at that time.
- In Episode 4 of Season 2, it is revealed that Mizore played the oboe for the sole reason that it was the only thing that connected her with Nozomi.
- Despite her lack of meaningful role in the first season, Mizore appears in many official arts as some sort of hint for season 2.
- There is an additional scene in the theater version that Mizore talks with Yuuko but her VA is uncredited. (Now, it is revealed to be Atsumi Tanezaki)
- Mizore is an excellent oboeist.