|Episode Director||Takuya Yamamura|
|Animation Director||Kazumi Ikeda|
|Japanese Air Date|
June 9, 2015
|← Please, Audition||Welcome Back, Audition →|
Straight Trumpet (まっすぐトランペット Massugu Toranpetto ) is the tenth episode of the first season of the Hibike! Euphonium anime series. It was broadcasted on June 9, 2015.
The band suspects Taki-sensei played favorites in choosing Reina in the auditions. Noticing the band's rising distrust of Taki-sensei and Reina, he makes a proposal.
- In order of appearance:
- Kumiko solves the problem with Natsuki and they become closer.
- It is revealed that Reina and Taki's father were friends, so they Taki knew Reina since middle school.
- It is revealed that Reina actually likes Taki in a romantic way.
- Taki announces that there is going to be a second audition for those who was unhappy with the results of the previous audition.
- Kaori agrees to redo the solo part, so Reina and Kaori have to compete with each other because Reina is the current trumpet solo player.
- Parts of Kitauji's selected pieces, Naoki Tasaka's March “Wind of Provence” and Namie Horikawa's Crescent Moon Dance.